The Intrepid Class one of the most advanced starships in Starfleet, was the first to field both bio-neural gelpaks and the Emergency Medical Hologram system.
Construction of the Intrepid-class occurred at the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, entering service by 2370. USS Voyager, was commissioned in 2371. She was the first ship to test the class 9 warp drive in deep space. At the time of its introduction, the Intrepid-class was considered to be the most technologically advanced in all Starfleet.
The starship Voyager successfully completed an unscheduled seven-year journey across the Delta Quadrant. From 2371 to 2378 Voyager was completely cut off from communication with Starfleet until 2374, with no access to Starfleet supplies for the entire length of its journey.
– Main engineering aboard Voyager was located on Deck 11
– Sickbay was located on Deck 5 – supplemented by the Emergency Medical Hologram or EMH, one of the first to be equipped with this technology.
– The mess hall was on Deck 2, Section 13
– Crew and officers quarters (except the captain’s quarters on Deck 3) were located on decks 2, 4, 8, 9, and 13
– Three transporter facilities that were located on Deck 4