Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Blu-ray Details
On Wednesday Lucasfilm and Disney revealed when all of us Star Wars fans will finally be able to add Rogue One: A Star Wars Story to our home video collection.
Lucasfilm released a trailer announcing when Rogue One will be available for everyone to own on either Digital HD or Blu-ray. Arriving first on March 24th on Digital HD to be followed on Blu-ray, April 4th.
When Lucasfilm and Disney released the Force Awakens to home video they released the movie twice adding extra special features as well as an audio commentary from J.J. Abrams the second time around, forcing some of us to buy the movie twice who are huge Star Wars nerds.
The bonus features for Rogue One unfortunately don’t include an audio commentary by director Gareth Edwards, which makes me; wonder if they will be doing something similar once again. Part of me hopes they don’t do that as I do find it a bit annoying when movie studios hold special features back intentionally and even though I’m complaining about such I would probably still go purchase it all over again just as I did for Episode VII.
You check out what all the cool behind the scenes they will be giving us when Rogue One comes to Digital HD and Blu-ray below. You will also notice that certain retailers will be offering exclusives that will only be found if you purchase Rogue One from them, something else I don’t like as a consumer, but that’s for another time.
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Target Exclusive: 5-disc set includes collectible packaging with interchangeable character covers and exclusive bonus content (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + DVD exclusive content – 2 additional bonus features + Digital HD + collectible packaging)
Best Buy Exclusive: 4-disc set with exclusive SteelBook packaging (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + SteelBook packaging)
Walmart Exclusive: 3-disc set with exclusive K-2SO packaging and two Galactic Connexions trading discs (two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + K-2SO packaging + two Galactic Connexions trading discs)