Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced when Spider-Man: Far From Home will be released on digital and Blu-ray. With plenty of featurettes and bonus materials, including a new short film.
Spider-Man: Far From Home will become available on digital on September 17 and will arrive on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and DVD on October 1. For Marvel fans this will most likely (baring any deals made after this post goes on-line) be the final time we get to see Tom Holland’s Spider-Man play in the MCU.
There will be a total of 11 featurettes, plus gag reel, outtakes and a never-before-seen alternate ending and some extended scenes. A new short film called “Peter’s To-Do List” will also be included on the digital, DVD, and 4K UHD Blu-ray release, which you can check out below.
I did notice there was no mention of the extended cut that was recently released to theaters. Are the scenes they added back into the movie apart of the Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes or completely different scenes entirely? I realize it’s minor, but I was kind of hoping the extended cut would have been part of the release to home video.
Cast: Tom Holland, Samuel L. Jackson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Jon Favreau, Marisa Tomei, Cobie Smulders, Angourie Rice, Martin Starr, JB Smoove
Official Synopsis for Sony’s Spider-Man: Far From
Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man must step up to take on new threats in a world that has changed forever.
DVD / DIGITAL / BLU-RAY / 4K UHD SPECIAL FEATURES:
- New Original Short: “Peter’s To-Do List”: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- “Teacher’s Travel Tips” Featurette: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- “Stepping Up” Featurette: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- “Suit Up” Featurette: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- “Far, Far, Far From Home” Featurette: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- “It Takes Two” Featurette: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- “Fury & Hill” Featurette: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- “The Ginter-Riva Effect” Featurette: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- “Thank You, Mrs. Parker” Featurette: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- “The Brother’s Trust” Featurette: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- “The Jump-Off” Featurette: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- “Now You See Me” Featurette: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre-Vis: A side-by-side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outtakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes