Universal has had a banner year at the box office this year and one of the biggest movies from one of the biggest movie franchises will be released in October.
Jurassic World the fourth movie in the Jurassic Park franchise from director Colin Trevorrow was the first film in the franchise in fourteen years. Made to re-energize the franchise not necessarily as a full reboot, but more as a soft reboot and seen more as a sequel to the first film.
Jurassic World took in $644,043,640 from the U.S. box office and over $1.6 billion world wide. Jurassic World will become available on Digital HD on October 1, 2015 and on Blu-ray and DVD on October 20, 2015.
Jurassic World Synopsis:
John Hammond’s vision for the future has been fully realized twenty two years after his original dinosaur park, Jurassic Park, was sabotaged and experienced multiple security failures before opening that resulted in the deaths of many of the park’s staff members. The Masrani Corporation creates a new park located on Isla Nublar, Jurassic World, that welcomes visitors both young and old from around the world. After a while though, attendance slows as public interest in living dinosaurs declines. To stir up public enthusiasm, the Masrani Corporation decides to then try a dangerous new park attraction. What can possibly go wrong?
50GB Blu-ray Disc
Two-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD)
UV digital copy
iTunes digital copy
Digital copy (as download)
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY:
- WELCOME TO JURASSIC WORLD: An in-depth take on the creation, look and feel of Jurassic World. Director Colin Trevorrow and Steven Spielberg discuss how the idea of the film came together and how the casting was decided with actors’ commentary on their roles and filming locations.
- JURASSIC WORLD: ALL-ACCESS PASS: Chris Pratt and Director Colin Trevorrow discuss key moments in the film, supported by behind-the-scenes footage and VFX breakdowns.
- INNOVATION CENTER TOUR WITH CHRIS PRATT: Chris Pratt gives a tour of the Innovation Center, a museum/exhibit, built just for the movie.
- JURASSIC’S CLOSEST SHAVES: Clips from all films in the franchise showing “near death” or extremely scary encounters with dinosaurs.
BLU-RAY AND DVD BONUS FEATURES
- DINOSAURS ROAM ONCE AGAIN: Behind the scenes look at the making of Jurassic World’s visual effects, how the dinosaurs came to life, and actors filmed scenes.
- CHRIS & COLIN TAKE ON THE WORLD: Chris Pratt and Colin Trevorrow (Director) interview each other and discuss Jurassic World as well as the other Jurassic Park movies.